Super Healthy Recipes – Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew
With the arrival of spring, today’s recipe is light, healthy and delicious, and the great news is that it doesn’t even require much work! Put it all together in a slow cooker or casserole dish and leave it to cook for a few hours – easy!
And here’s what you need:
- 6 chicken thighs with the skin removed
- 2lbs of sweet potatoes, peeling and cut into spears
- 1/2lb of button mushrooms
- 6 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 320 mins
Place the chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, wine, rosemary, salt and pepper together in a slow cooker and stir. Pop the lid on and cook on low for around 5 hours until the potatoes are tender.
If you don’t have a slow cooker, pop all the ingredients together in a casserole dish on a low heat to simmer for 2.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
Before serving stir in the white wine vinegar.
Serve with warm crusty bread for a treat!
Nutritional Information: PER SERVING
285 kcalories, protein 17g, carbohydrate 35g, fat 6 g, saturated fat 2g, fibre 5g, salt 519 g
From the Healthy Living Guide.