Lose The Christmas Pounds The Right Way
Christmas is finally behind us, but not without consequences. Other than your bank accounts, which may have been dented by the numerous parties you have had to organize or attend, your weight is likely messed up.
Furthermore, since you were most likely off work for a large percentage of the month, the only serious activity you did in December was partying – knocking back a few glasses of wine, beer and cocktails!
And why not! You had some festive fun, but sadly now you’re a few pounds heavier.
Gaining weight is (unfortunately) really easy. The hard part has always been losing it.
Well, the good news is that there are many ways to shed those extra pounds; you can join the gym, jog every morning or evening, reduced your calorie intake, cut out booze and fatty foods, etc.
However many people have tried one or more of these without dropping any weight, in fact, some end up gaining weight!
But fear not. This isn’t meant to scare you. There are a few basic tricks that will help boost your weightloss efforts:
- Set Achievable Goals: This is the most important step, so spend some time to set goals that are important to you, but also that are not completely unrealistic. You may dream of losing twenty pounds or have your eyes focused on an upcoming marathon, but let’s face it, you can’t achieve that in a month – unless of course you believe in miracles! Instead, aim to lose five pounds in three or six months. You’ll never go wrong by starting slower and setting reasonable short term goals.
- Join an online community: There are many online communities where people freely discuss various ways through which they can lose weight. All you have to do is create an account, pay any subscription fee and you’re ready to go. Start chatting with people going through similar situations as you by joining active weight loss groups and teams. Use their apps to help reach your weightloss or fitness goals. Many (like our own Tabatalive membership) allow you to download apps to your mobile device. So no matter where you are you’ve always got the support of an encouraging community, and access to your own personalised nutrition and workout plans.
- Develop a Logging habit: It’s not usually easy to develop a logging habit – jotting down everything you eat, drink and all workouts you do, even walking up and down the stairs instead of taking the lift. Yes, there are times you’ll forget or miss something, don’t worry – just don’t give up. The basis to proper weight loss lies in regular logging that ensures you closely monitor your progress. Learn to talk to yourself (seriously!) and see how far or near you are from your goals.
- Purchase an Appropriate Fitness Application: There are many fitness software solutions that can be installed on PC, smart phone, tablet, etc. Having apps like a calorie counter, eat-slowers (a timer-based app that shows you how long you should be chewing your food for, so you don’t wolf it all down in one go. Another reason why we can gain weight – not waiting for our stomach communicating with our brain to tell it that it’s full). And many others. Each of which will help you remain committed to your weightloss and fitness objective.
- Get a Personalized Workout Plan: The problem with using generic workout plans is that some may not fit with your goals or fit into your day, week or month. We therefore strongly recommend that you draw up a personalised plan that that you can stick to. Workout how and when you want. Doing so, will ensure that it doesn’t collide with other plans you might have, and you stick with it.
Finally, it’s important to stress the fact that you should never give up, even if you don’t meet your goals as expected, just keep going. Doing something is better than doing nothing at all. So what if it takes an extra week, month or even year to meet those goals? The point is that you’ve started and you will get there.
If you join an online community, ensure that you consistently log, comment and participate in group discussions and interact with as many group members as you can. You are encouraged to Tabatalive, a leading online gym and start your journey to weight loss and overall fitness today. Good luck!