Lose weight the healthy way
Wouldn’t you love to know the ‘secret’ to losing weight? Of course you would! Let’s face it; we’d all like to lose weight quickly and easily whilst still being able to tuck into a pizza and drinking a glass of wine!
Sadly, as I’m sure you’re well aware, it’s not that easy. Which is why so many of us who start a new diet and / or exercise regime give up when they don’t see the results that want to, as quick as they’d like to.
So what is the secret?
- Eat and drink sensibly, healthily, and in moderation.
- Burn more calories than you consume.
- Exercise regularly.
OK, I know that doesn’t sound like ‘new’ news or much fun, but it can be.
I’m not expecting you to stop having that slice of pizza every now and again, or never to open another bottle of wine. Of course you can, just as long as it’s in moderation – not every night of the week.
When it comes to the second point – burn more calories than you consume – the easiest way to do this (and yes it can be fun) is to exercise.
How can it be fun?
- Join an exercise class – online and offline so if you don’t fancy going ‘out’ out, you can still workout!
- Workout with a friend – you’ll be much more likely to stick at it. Motivate each other to work hard, you’ll love it when you see the results pay off.
- Make sure the class is varied – don’t do the same old class every week. It’s not only demotivating, it ends up becoming less effective. Doing a HIIT class keeps the exercise fresh and varied each time.
- Set goals – whether it be to lose weight, a dress size or to improve your fitness levels. Whatever it is for you, always have it mind particularly when you have those ‘can’t be bothered’ days.
- Set rewards – this always works for me! If I do my Tabata, yoga and spinning classes each week I’m allowed that extra glass of wine in the evening. Whatever you like to reward yourself with, do it each time you reach those goals.
If you want to lose weight and keep it off, stick to healthy moderate eating the majority of time and get involved in a new form of exercise that’s challenging and varied.
Not only will you look and feel better for the long-term, you’ll benefit your health as well. Exercise and healthy eating is proven to reduce several chronic diseases and conditions such as heart disease, Type II diabetes, osteoporosis and stroke.
Take control of your weight and your health today!